Sunday 25 March 2012

An online class ...

I'm toying with the idea of creating an online class. I could possibly use some of the social networking tools to create this. Twitter, Wiki, Facebook, perhaps there are others. This might be a cross level class from say year 4-6. As a first experiment I'm thinking that rather than an instructional online class, this might be a discussion type class, but I'm not sure, as this posting contains my first thoughts on the matter. I'm interested in getting the thoughts of our massive reader base. All nine people :).
Perhaps this class might travel across some our schools and include the senior body of more than one school. We could incorporate skype in this as well. Is anyone interested in partnering or joining this venture? Post your comments below or shoot me off an email or twitter.

4 comments:

  1. Let's give it a go. It is only limited by our vision and imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you developing the idea? What about an extension Maths online class for Year 3 and 4 students? Share online videos of how they solved problems. Post rich open ended Questions. Try Fermi questions? Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been reading the blog as I'm trying to find the time to be principal and secretary. Over the last few days I've been looking at using edublog. Its backbone is Wordpress, which I'm quite familiar with. I'll post some more on this later today so you can see the backbone of what I've created. Might even use Jing to take you on a tour of this tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To have a look at the blog/site go here:
    skormond.edublogs.org

    I'll show you under the hood later.

    ReplyDelete